I make it a habit of posting some of the more insightful information on my social media feeds and my Blog. I do this not only because I personally find them interesting, but because I want those following me to view me as a sort of filter who picks through all the noise and clutter (and the plethora of local Real Estate information that’s frankly erroneous or taken out of context). I encourage you to follow me on social media, read my blog and check this page on a regular basis.
Below, I’ve included a useful graph that updates automatically when new data enters the system. This New vs Sold Listings – Snapshot of all Major Urban Areas in and around St. John’s helps show the following:
- It demonstrates the amount of new inventory coming on the market versus the actual number of listings sold during the same period.
- It outlines Supply and Demand forces and gives an indication on price pressures due to oversupply or undersupply of inventories of residential properties on the market.
- The data covers the primary residential housing market for the major urban areas in and around St. John’s.
Click on one of the links below to see up-to-date insights into the local markets I cover. There are graphs for three key Real Estate metrics:
- Days on Market – How long it’s taking the average home to sell once listed
- Median Sale Price – The median price for homes in that specific Zone (not to be confused with the mean sale price)
- Ask to Sell Ratio – The ratio of a homes initial listing price vs what it ultimately sold for
St. John’s (Zone 1); St. Thomas, Paradise, Topsail (Zone 4); Conception Bay South (Zone 5); Northeast Avalon (Zone 6); Mount Pearl (Zone 8)
While these graphs give useful insights into the broader market, if you click here I can provide even more information specific to your neighbourhood.